Thursday, February 26, 2015

DON'T Look at the Fucking Flowers

Language warning, ladies and gentlemen. This is going to be a rant in no way related to my usual posts, because I rarely get worked up enough to do this.

Well, I have officially lost all faith in humanity again. A teenage girl on my Facebook friends list just shared a video of a soldier coming home to surprise his wife and baby daughter. Of course the wife falls to her knees in disbelief, cries, hugs him and doesn't let go... a beautiful video. But the text on the post? This girl is sharing this video to tell her boyfriend he needs to surprise her with flowers like this... "then again maybe not, it'll ruin [her] makeup."

You have no idea how seriously I wanted to tell this child her post just made me want to ruin her fucking makeup with some projectile vomiting and a backhand to the face.

Do you really have to have your own infantryman that has been deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, to have your heart stop when you see that deployment bag, to understand how very emotional this moment is and how FUCKING INSULTING it is that a teenage girl whose boyfriend works in an auto parts store would share this and joke about it? Or is the next generation in this country even more fucked up than I ever suspected?

No comments:

Post a Comment